Friday, March 14, 2014

Welcome



So here goes...I've been thinking about doing a blog for awhile, but have never really gotten around to it. I thoroughly enjoy reading other blogs and think I have something to offer the blogging world, as well as give myself an outlet.

So who is Green OT mama? First and foremost I am a mother and a wife. We were blessed with a beautiful baby boy in September 2013, and he has forever changed my life. I like to think I am a pretty "green" mama. We do cloth diapers (with a modern twist), baby wear (love my ergo!), and make our own baby food. Best of all, my hubby is on board with it all! Second of all, I am an occupational therapist (OT). I specialize in pediatrics (early intervention and school based), but also do homecare as well. I graduated with my Master's degree in Occupational Therapy from St. Francis University (Loretto, PA, USA) in May of 2008, and have been working full time since. 

Why a blog? I am super passionate about being the best mom, wife, and OT I can be, and I'd like to share my journey, knowledge, and any other fun things along the way. I love reading others' blogs and pinterest, so I thought this will give me a place to be "me". 

What sorts of things will you find here? Anything and everything baby/child related! More specifically, cloth diapering, baby wearing, baby food making, developmental milestones, fun play for children, ways to foster development, and ways to have fun with your child. As I mentioned, I am a first time mom, and find myself doing a lot of research, so if I can compile that into one place, hopefully I can reach other moms too! You may also find photography tid bits creep into my blog, as photography is another passion of mine! Health and fitness may also appear, as I am on a journey to get back into my pre-pregnancy body, fitness level, and running shoes!

I can't wait to see who I will meet on this blogging journey! Here goes nothing

~The Green OT Mama~



No comments:

Post a Comment