Sunday, May 4, 2014

Baby Discovery Bottle (Part 1)



I started saving tons of plastic food containers and jars recently with the intent to make some cheap "toys" for my son. Although my hubby asked to throw away the containers, I have managed to grow quite a stash of jars/containers including chicken and beef bullion jars, puffs containers, baby wipes tubs, and spice containers. I also started saving the screw top caps from the squeeze pouches of baby food. We make our own baby food, but I have found that when we go out we like the pouch option, but that's for a different post! I was storing the caps from the food pouches in the beef bullion cube jar and decided it made a nice sound when I shook it. I gave it to my son to see what he would do with it. Well, let me tell you it has been a hit this weekend! We even threw it in the diaper bag to take to my parents house for him to play with.  By the way, my son is 7 months old right now, but this could work for a younger baby (as soon as they start picking up things) to an older child (that may be able to unscrew the cap and put the food pouch caps in and out). This is a great toy that makes sound. It also works on fine motor skills for the older child if you let them screw the cap on and off and drop the food pouch caps in or take them out.

How to make a discovery bottle:




There you have it! Simple and cheap! I plan on making more of these, so as I make more I'll post more ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment